Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Resource Blog #4


This is a website that I used to use when I was younger. Not only does this website have games, but it also has lessons about many different levels of math. One of my favorite things about this website are the printable flashcards. Growing up I have always used a lot of flashcards in all of my classes to memorize and better understand information. These flashcards can be used for memorizing basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. If the students have these handy and in their binder, they can refer to the basic problems as they move onto harder equations.

While it is only aimed for Kindergarten- Sixth graders, I still think that this is a great resource. It can inspire teachers to use games in class and maybe assign games for homework rather than a worksheet. It is important for students to know that math is not solely crunching numbers and coming out with an answer. If they are given something interactive either in class or for homework, they are going to become more familiar with the content and more comfortable with the math as they see it somewhere else than a white sheet of paper.

Simply adding colors and games to class can encourage engagement. While this website cannot really be cross-curricular, I think that it can inspire teachers to use games and websites that are similar in their classroom. Lecturing with students this age can get really boring and it is easy to lose their attention. Keeping students participating will encourage questions and begin to limit confusion, which will expand knowledge.

Word Count: 265

1 comment:

Final Blog Post

As a future math teacher, literacy is not often something that I think about or something that I have even thought about educating myself on...